When it comes to purchasing leather products such as leather bags or leather wallets, it's important to know the difference between genuine leather and fake leather. Not only is genuine leather of higher quality, but it's also more durable and long-lasting than its fake counterpart. In this blog post, we'll explore 5 steps to help you identify genuine leather when shopping for leather products.
1) Check the labeling: The first step in identifying genuine leather is to check the labeling of the product. If the product is labeled as genuine leather, it should be made of real animal hide. However, it's important to note that this label doesn't always guarantee that the product is made of high-quality leather.
2. Smell the leather: Genuine leather has a distinct smell that is hard to replicate. The smell of genuine leather should be earthy and natural. If the product has a strong chemical smell, it may be fake leather.
3. Look for imperfections: Genuine leather is a natural product and will often have imperfections such as scars, wrinkles, or variations in color. Fake leather is often uniform in color and texture, and will not have the same natural imperfections as genuine leather.
4. Inspect the texture: Genuine leather has a unique texture that is distinct from fake leather. The surface of genuine leather should be smooth and consistent, with a natural grain pattern. Fake leather, on the other hand, is often smooth and uniform in texture.
5. Check the price: Genuine leather products are often more expensive than fake leather products. While this is not always the case, it's important to keep in mind that high-quality leather products will typically be more expensive than cheaper alternatives.
In conclusion, identifying genuine leather is important when shopping for leather products such as leather bags or leather wallets. By following these 5 steps, you can be sure that you're getting a high-quality product that will last for years to come. Remember to check the labeling, smell the leather, look for imperfections, inspect the texture and check the price of the product. With these tips, you will be able to spot the difference between genuine and fake leather.